Written By Vardhan Gaur (Grade 6)
Whether it’s making or setting timetables, or just creating graphs and charts for professional use, Numbers is the go-to app for many iPads and MacBooks. This app comes pre-installed on most Apple devices. Today I am here to talk about why it is my favourite app. To simplify things, I will break down my views into three main parts.
What are it features?
- Through Numbers, you are able to add text and change the colour of the text. This helps in adding paragraphs or supporting details to your graph, timetable etc. You can also select the font you like or the font which is suitable for what you have created.
- By pressing + on the top right-hand corner of the screen you can scroll through various templates that have been carefully sorted to match your liking. At the same time, it enables you to pick your recent templates in case you need to use them again.
- The most important thing that should be highlighted is the fact that you can create graphs by just filling in information and then selecting it inside the graph. The process is simple and easy. If you use the template ‘Charting Basics’, easily accessible types of graphs will pop up in a row. Through that, you can represent the same information through various forms.
- The most exciting feature in Numbers is the interactive chart/graph. Depending on your information it is by default programmed to show the information through animation. The idea behind this is that the viewer can see the presented information with ease.
Why I like it?
- Through Numbers, I can easily represent information that needs to be sorted for educational and personal purposes.
- I can also use Numbers as a platform to make timetables and routines for various time periods.
- It is easily accessible on an iPad and MacBook and free of cost. It completely changed the way I looked at sorting information.
- You can update it through AppStore too!
A few aspects to it that can be improved
- By adding an option to add images the number of users on the app will increase dramatically and It will be a good platform for technical representation for many companies. The image can support the information added.
- Bug fixes:
- Labelling your chart/graph with ease – it is difficult to access the labelling option.
- Limitation to templates – If Numbers wants to extend its variety of users it needs to provide more templates that are suitable for various purposes.
In conclusion, Numbers is a great app to use and has various purposes that serve all ages. We can use Numbers at school, or at work or just for personal use. No doubt, with its everlasting and easy to use features it’s the best app for representing information and setting timetables. You just need to download it through AppStore for free!
Featured Image Courtesy – App Store